Year of the Ox
2021 is the Year of the Ox according to Chinese zodiac. This is a Year of Metal Ox, starting from Feb. 12, 2021 (Chinese New Year) and lasting to Jan. 31, 2022. Ox is the second in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac sign. Years of the Ox include 1913, 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021, 2033…
Oxen used to be capable farming tools in an agricultural society, which attach to the symbol of diligence, persistence, and honesty. In Chinese culture, Ox is a faithful friend that made great contributions to the development of the society. Like the ox, people born in the Year of the Ox are industrious, cautious, hold their faith firmly, and always glad to offer help.
It is said that Ox ranks the second among the Chinese zodiacs because it helped the Rat but was later tricked by it. The myth goes that the Jade Emperor declared the order of zodiac signs would be based on the arrival orders of 12 animals. Ox could have arrived the first but it kindly gave a ride to Rat. However, when arriving, Rat just jumped to the terminus ahead of Ox, and thus Ox lost the first place
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: Chou
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): Tu (Earth)
Yin Yang: Yin
Lucky Things for Oxen:
Lucky Numbers: 1, 9Lucky Colors: red, blue, purpleLucky Flowers: tulip, evergreen, peach blossomLucky Directions: southeast, south and north
Things Should be Avoided:
Unlucky Numbers: 3, 4Unlucky Colors: white, greenUnlucky Direction: northwest
- Strengths: Loyal, honest, responsible, hard-working, logical
- Weaknesses: Less-talkative, conservative, stubborn, overcautious
- Ox Men: Most Ox men are mature and have a strong sense of accountability, leaving a deep impression on others. Their good logical thoughts and diligent working make them easily get success in work. However, men with Chinese zodiac Ox sign lack a certain sense of humor and passion in life and sometimes maybe a little assertive and arrogant.
- Ox Women: Women born in the Year of the Ox are diligent and tolerant. They don’t talk too much, just remaining sincere to be a loyal friend. They are also very ethical and don’t like to break any rules. But sometimes their stubbornness may cause some conflicts. Ox women are also industrious and thrifty in managing a household, ensuring smooth-running of a home.
Personality by Five Elements: Which Type of ‘Ox’ Are You?
The elements, namely Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, and Metal, all represent different personalities and characters of Oxen. See your types and personality traits in the chart below.
|Types||Years of Birth||Personality Traits|
|Wood Ox||1925, 1985||Brave, selfless, resourceful, upright and outspoken.|
|Fire Ox||1937, 1997||Clever, versatile, but lack of sympathy.|
|Earth Ox||1949, 2009||Smart, confident, and resolute, a little conservative.|
|Metal Ox||1961, 2021||Busy and active, with good interpersonal relations.|
|Water Ox||1913, 1973||Hardworking and diligent, realistic.|
Ox’s Personality by Blood Types
• Blood Type O: At work, they like to face all the problems alone and never ask for help until at the wits’ end. Being the most loyal friend, they value friendship and will give a sincere hand to friends in trouble.
• Blood Type A: With a cautious character, their decisions come from a thorough thinking. And they never give up halfway, starting well and ending well, which helps them win the trust.
• Blood Type B: They have a clever mind, thinking about a lot of unusual and brilliant ideas. But they are too shy to express themselves. However, once the talent shows, their performances will be impressive.
• Blood Type AB: Having a strong personality, they are selfless and adhere to principles. Thus, people with blood type AB seldom change their views because of others’ thoughts.