Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons combined.
~ Jim Bishop
Helloooo October! 🍂
As we shift into sweater weather and all things pumpkin, it must be indeed October.
Saying farewell to September and the final taste of summer-like weather seems surreal. Where has time gone? When I was a kid, days would be slow as a molasses.
Another trip around the sun means the season of coziness is upon us...at least during the evening for now. Although mornings are a bit nippy, the good news is we don't have to hibernate our flip-flops just yet. Let's soak up the sun and be thankful for sunny, warm afternoons a wee bit longer.
As the change of season is settling in, the leaves are starting their bright transition into golds and reds. The crisp cool wind of autumn air and the pending falling of leaves is on the horizon.
Why not capture the spirit of the season by partaking in some fall activities and embrace those fall vibes!
1. As it's almost sweater weather, treat yourself to a new sweater. 2. Pumpkins! From baking a pie to carving a jack-o-lantern, you have no choice but to get gucky with pumpkin pulp. While you do so, sip on a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
3. Need a gift for an October birthday. Calm Club Big Night is the perfect cozy gift.
4. McIntosh, Gala, Ambrosia, Honey Crisp, Fuji...go apple picking and make a pie.
5. Oh my Gourd! Visit a farmer's market and pick up many varieties of squash.
6. Get lost in a corn maze.
7. Halloween. Bring on the tricks, treats and get in the spirit by decorating your abode and decide upon a Halloween costume. Danna Bananas has some fun ideas: https://dannabananas.com/collections/halloween
8. Hike here or there and embrace the changing autumn landscape.
9. Hunker down with some fun family board games. The UpsideDownChallenge Game and Goat Yoga Party Game10. Dig out your autumn, cool wardrobe. From sweaters to socks, nothing puts you in an autumn mood than good old plaid. If you are looking for a Halloween fun, 😉 we have a suggestion for you. The Scot in the Box
11. Finally, pumpkin spice and everything nice! Just inhale it as it's the season for it. In that case, why not make a batch of Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin tin with liners. Make crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir in melted butter until crumbs form.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Add pumpkin, eggs, butter, sour cream, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Divide batter into muffin liners. Top each with crumb topping.
- Bake until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan, then serve.
Fall is the beginning of something new, a season filled with unique sights, smells and tastes. Fall is one of the most beautiful seasons of the year.
Thanksgiving, Oktoberfest and Halloween is around the October corner. As there is so much to look forward to, what autumn activity are you most thrilled about?