Favorite links of the week
This week kicked my Halloween spirit in full throttle. Viewing Halloween YouTube videos ignited my creative juices into thinking why not start a weekly post with some of my favorite things.
The Schpeel will feature some of Danna Bananas favorite links of the week. I will share links that have impacted me, make me chuckle and are just neat fun.
Life’s pleasures need to be always recognized.
Ready to be inspired? Scroll down for the best of our bookmarks for this week.
1. With Halloween festivities in full swing this week, this Pennsylvania woman turns her house into a Cookie Monster to celebrate Sesame Street’s 50th Anniversary. We think she gets the best decorated door award:
2. ABCs…the song you learned as a child has had a makeover. The alphabet song has been slowed down and clarifies the letters “LMNOP” that most sing as “elemenopee.” As I’ve taught ESL Students, this change makes sense. Slowing down a language makes it easier to be learned.
3. Happy 50th Anniversary Internet! “On the evening of Oct. 29, 1969, a student at the University of California, Los Angeles, sent the firstmessage over the ARPANET — the forerunner of the internet — with just two letters: “Lo.”
4. Happy Day of the Dead/“Feliz Día de los Muertos!” Remember and celebrate your deceased loved ones. “Some traditions for the holiday includebuilding private alters called Ofrendas, eating and drinking favourite foods and drinks of those who have died, as well as visiting graves with these as gifts or leaving their possessions at their graves.” One such food you can indulge in is sweet Skulls… Sweet Spirits Cookies:
5. Finally, Daylight saving time 2019 ends this Sunday, November 3rd so don’t forget to put your clocks back. Who doesn’t enjoy an extra hour of sleep?