National Gardening Day
National Gardening Day on April 14th encourages gardeners and would-be gardeners to pick up a shovel and some seeds and kick-off a beautiful year of homegrown bounty.
Whether you want to grow vegetables, fruit, flowers, houseplants, or anything in between, National Gardening Day celebrates a satisfying pastime that you will enjoy for decades. Growing your own food also lets you provide fresh and natural nourishment for your family for a fraction of grocery store prices.
As many gardeners know, the benefits of gardening come from more than the produce. Spending time in the garden also provides physical activity and an opportunity to join with nature.
The observance is a call to action to get out and grow flower or vegetable gardens. No matter how you garden, plant in the ground, in containers, in straw bales or a square foot gardening box. Just garden!
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalGardeningDay
There are many ways that you can celebrate the day, including:
- Find the right book, guide or resource for your needs at Cool Springs Press, county extension service, the local bookstore or library.
- Sign up for a gardening course in your area, or find a Square Foot Gardening course with a Square Foot Gardening Certified Instructor.
- Look for a community garden in your area.
- Organize a seed and perennial plant swap with neighbors and friends.
- Join a garden club. There isn’t one near? Start one!
- Visit your local nursery or garden center—you will be amazed and excited by all the beautiful options
- Visit Quarto Homes on Facebook and Instagram for more gardening information
While you’re gardening, be sure to share your experience with others on social media using #NationalGardeningDay #diygarden. Another way to enhance your celebration is with a visit to Quarto Homes on Facebook and at NationalGardeningDay.com.
Educators and family, check out the National Day Calendar Classroom for fun projects designed to #CelebrateEveryDay!
NATIONAL GARDENING DAY HISTORY
Cool Springs Press, an imprint of The Quarto Group, founded National Gardening Day on April 14 to celebrate gardening and to encourage home gardeners and students to learn more about how to garden.
In 2018, the Registrar at National Day Calendar® proclaimed the day to be observed annually on April 14th.
About Cool Springs Press
Celebrating twenty-five years of inspiring gardeners grow, Cool Springs Press is a leading publisher of best-selling gardening books with titles that cover all facets of plant cultivation and gardening techniques, both indoors and out.
The post NATIONAL GARDENING DAY appeared first on Blog - DannaBananas.com.