EASY WAYS TO HOST A LAST-MINUTE CANADA DAY GATHERING
- Serve lots of fresh seasonal fruit! Strawberries, cherries, and watermelon are in season and readily available. Fill white bowls to the brim (and even higher) with your berries and cherries, and cut your watermelon into sticks (trust me on this!), stacking them on a platter.
- Offer a selection of Canadian-made beer and wine only. It’s easy to find and makes putting a bar together simple and inexpensive.
- This Canada Day Punch is easy and so refreshing
- These Canada Day cake pops are a cute and yummy treat.
- If you don’t have time to make dessert, pick up a box of Tim Horton’s donuts, stack them on a cake plate, and stick a Canadian flag in the top. Perfection!
- Stick sparkler candles in the top of store-bought cupcakes to mimic fireworks.
- Got a little more time on your hands? This Canada Day ice cream cake is sure to impress.
- Serve Canadian-beef burgers topped with back bacon and make potato salad from PEI potatoes.
- Scour your house for anything red and white that can be used in your table setting and decorations: balloons, napkins, tea towels, straws, serving platters and bowls, etc.
- Instead of buying decorations, make your own Canada-themed crafts and use it to decorate your space (this Canada Day hat is a fun project for the kids).
Are you hosting a Canada Day gathering or get-together of family and friends? If so, what are your tips?