Helloooo October! 🍂
Saying farewell to the 2021 summer seems just too surreal to say! Where has time gone? When I was a kid, summer would just drag by like a very slooow turtle.
Another trip around the sun means the season of coziness is upon us...at least during the evening for now. Even though mornings are significantly cooler, the good news is we don't have to hibernate our flip-flops just yet. Let's be thankful for sunny, warm afternoons a wee bit longer. We have to soak up the sun whenever we can.
As the change of season is settling in, the leaves are starting the bright transition to yellows and reds especially up north. The crisp cool wind of autumn air and the pending falling of leaves is on the horizon.
Need some ideas to bring on fall vibes? Why not capture the spirit of the season by partaking in some Fall activities.
1. As it's almost sweater weather, treat yourself to a new sweater.
2. Pumpkins! From baking a pie to carving a jack-o-lantern, you have no choice but to get gucky with pumpkin pulp. While you do so, sip on a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
3. Need a gift for an October birthday. Calm Club Big Night is the perfect cozy gift.
4. McIntosh, Gala, Ambrosia, Honey Crisp, Fuji...go apple picking.
5. Oh my Gourd! Visit a farmer's market and pick up many varieties of squash.
6. Get lost in a corn maze.
7. Halloween. Bring on the tricks, treats and get in the spirit by decorating your abode and choosing a home made or a store bought costume.
8. Hike here or there and embrace the changing autumn landscape.socks, nothing puts you in an autumn mood than good old plaid. If you are looking for a Halloween costume, 😉 we have a suggestion for you. The Scot in the Box
11. Finally pumpkin spice everything. You'll just inhale it as it's the season for it. In that case, why not make a batch of Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin tin with liners. Make crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir in melted butter until crumbs form.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Add pumpkin, eggs, butter, sour cream, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Divide batter into muffin liners. Top each with crumb topping.
- Bake until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan, then serve.
Fall is the beginning of something new, a season filled with unique sights, smells and tastes. Fall is one of the most beautiful seasons of the year.
Thanksgiving, Oktoberfest and Halloween is around the October corner. As there is so much to look forward to, what autumn activity are you most thrilled about?